Monday, August 29

Trip to the Farm!

Hello Everyone,

I apologize in advance for the length of this blog, lots happened this week!

Monday-Wednesday:
Classes and Work and Preparing for our vacation!

Thursday:
On Thursday morning we woke up early to make the trip to Honeyville, Utah- only about 2 1/2 hours from Rexburg. We dropped off our bags, changed clothes, said a quick hello and then headed to Salt Lake City, about another hour of driving. We did the 12 o'clock session and loved the whole experience! (We even ate in the cafeteria before we left :) We then drove back to Honeyville and visited with family until it was time to go to the Rodeo! This was my first rodeo since I was really really little. It was so much fun! I did get nervous for the guys on the bucking horses and bulls.  My favorite was the cattle roping (I think that's what it's called). The last part of the show was some extreme motorcyclist doing jumps and flips.

Friday:
Canning Day! I have never had the experience of canning, even though I've heard about it my whole life. This was a long day of work, but was very rewarding! The day started at 6:30 with an early morning run around the fields with my sister-in-law Heather. Me an Brett then went to the garden in the back yard to pick lots and lots of corn. once all the corn was picked we shucked and cut it, put it in bottles and then in a pressure cooker to seal the bottles. (this all took about until 11 or 12) then we started work on the freezer corn, which is boiled slightly then put in cold water then cut and put in freezer bags. It was well into the afternoon at this point and Brett went into town with his Dad while I went and picked raspberries to make jam. (raspberry picking is were I acquired my lovely beet red sunburn) When he got back we both fell asleep on the couch for an hour or so until it was time to go walk around the county fair with Brett's sister Heather. We looked at a lot of really cute purses! ( I enjoyed that more than Brett, but he was outnumbered by the girls!)

Saturday:
Saturday morning we saddled up two of the horses (Sammy & Ray) and went for a ride around the farm. I loved ridding the horses! It's been way too long! We made the Raspberry Jam. We then helped watch the nieces and nephews while their parents worked at the Fair. We took the four-wheelers out to change the water on the farm, which was super fun! (the four wheelers anyway, I just watched Brett change the water) I also got to see the underside of a car for the first time when we changed the oil in Brett's car. In the afternoon  Laura, Steve, and Jack came and we all went to the fair together. Me and Brett got to ride the Farris wheel and watched the little ones do the kid rides! We enjoyed walking around looking at the exhibits with our cotton candy. Brett let a sheep nibble on his fingers. I got to touch a pig and some goats! Brett says that makes me more country, but I'm not so sure... Our sister-in-law Timari put in some of her photography pieces and got some ribbons! On our way back to the farm we stopped to look at the new semi truck that Boyd bought for the farm. We then went to the house and played with the kids and visited before a while. (There may or may not have been a fake snake incident)

Sunday:
Sunday we went to church in Honeyville, played games with the family, loaded up the car and headed home!

We had so much fun! Now things seem really quiet. I've just been working on my Old testament Final and Brett is unpacking! My parents and two of my brothers are going to be here in 9 days! We are very excited to have them stay with us!

Hope everyone is doing well!
Sheree Bingham
At the Rodeo

Driving to the Fair- that's our nephew Jack.

Brett and a sheep

Petting a Pig!


Nephews Brody and Jack on the rides at the fair!

Farris Wheel

New Semi Truck for the Farm

Having fun!

Brance and Morgan!

Our canned food!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love your comments!