Sunday, June 10

Why marry a boy from Honeyville?

Because you get to do things like this!

Hey Everyone!

This has been a great trip to Utah! I did things this week that I never thought I would ever do~ things such as feeding bum lambs, chasing cows, searching for spurs, and shopping at vanity!

I feel like I got to see the farm in completely different light this morning. On Saturday morning we woke up at 6 to go load cattle into the semi and get the horses into the horse trailer so that the guys could take the cattle out to the summer pasture in Idaho.

Before meeting Brett the closest I had come to an actual cow was a hamburger, but Saturday morning I got to get nice and close as we corralled them and ran them up the chute into the cattle trailer. For me this meant standing where Brett told me to, usually between him and his brother who was on his horse, so that the cows would go where we were trying to get them to go. Sometimes a cow would feel rebellious and try to go the opposite direction of the others and one of us had to scare it into going the right direction again. They are pretty easy to scare for how big they are- shoot, they were intimidated by me!

Brett's Spurs

His work boots

Chasing the Cattle

While they put all the cows into the semi I went and played with the horses, they were so much fun, until they started chewing on my hair...
Ray - smile for the camera!

Brett choosing a horse

Give that back!

I want to play!



This is the one Brett rode all day - Tuffy

Also Saturday morning we slipped on our flip flops and went to feed the lambs! They are really cute! "Bum" lamb means that the lambs mother died or couldn't feed them for one reason or another which means that in order to survive they need to be bottle fed. I was startled when I had finished feeding one and had turned my attention to Brett because the one I had just finished feeding started sucking on my toes!
Feeding Lily and Tommy Boy
When the guys left to take the cows to Idaho the girls (and my nephew Brody) went shopping! We went to the mall in Logan and had a great time! I got the cutest pair of jeans, and it was just nice to have some girl time! When the boys were on their way back I got a call from Brett saying to cancel all our cards- he lost his wallet. There is probably a cow chewing on it as I type...

Sunday we went to church and then spent time with the family. We finally got to meet our new niece, Maggie, this weekend! She is 2 months old and completely adorable! Overall a really fun weekend! We head back in the morning after getting Brett a new drivers license - he needs to get one in Utah so that he can keep his CDL license.

Take care!
Sheree Bingham

With nieces Morgan and Maggie!

Brett's turn!

Loving the farm together!
Beautiful Morning!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like such a fun weekend! I do love horses. (Don't get me wrong...I hate being dirty. Working on a farm daily would get old after about 10 minutes. But as an occasional change of scenery--awesome!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute post! Looks like a fun weekend. Sorry we missed it. . . again! Next time FOR SURE :)

    ReplyDelete

We love your comments!