Saturday, January 12

First Sewing Project!

For Christmas this year my mom gave me a sewing machine! I am so excited, but when it came to using the machine I was very nervous because it has been so many years since I have used one- I think the last thing I did was make a pair of pajamas in Young Womens (7 years ago...)

A really good friend came over and showed me how to do the basics again... things like threading the needle and reminding me what a bobbin is. It came back to me pretty quickly and I have a lot of projects I want to do over the next few months!

My first project: ~Taggie Square~




Don't look too close- I am still learning! It was really fun and a good starter project.

P.S. The idea is that this is something for the baby to play with and chew on. Babies really like feeling the different ribbon textures, etc. Its a small, fun, quiet toy!

Sheree Bingham


3 comments:

  1. ahh i love it! i've been going crazy trying to rush and make baby things before he's here. and i love this idea! i want something to keep him occupied in church :) genius and adorable

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. What a good idea!! Sewing is fun...it's the unpicking that gets to me:) Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! That is a great idea for a baby. Ella is still obsessed with finding the tags on her blankets. I can't believe how close you are getting and I'm super excited for the baby shower!!

    ReplyDelete

We love your comments!