Friday, March 2

Senior Project: Social Media for Moms

Hello Everyone,

This Semester is my last - most of you are aware. To graduate with a degree in Communication from Brigham Young University-Idaho you need to do a Communication related Senior Project. It is a 50 hour project that should prove to a committee of professors that you are ready to enter the communications profession. This is what I have been preparing throughout the semester...

Social Media for Moms

Social Media for Moms is a one hour presentation where I will teach the basics of social media. I will talk about some of the common myths of social media and then will go into depth in the common ones such as Facebook, Twitter, Blogger, and Pinterest. After familiarizing the attendees with social media sites I will talk about precautions that can be taken to protect against the dangers of social media such as predators, cyberbullying, and posting to much personal information.

I did the advertising for this community event by creating flyers to place in public places such as the library, local restaurants, and the high schools. I also wrote news releases and radio spots for the local newspaper and radio stations. I was lucky to have a great mentor on this project that provided some great contacts and advice.

I have learned a lot through this project and was able to apply a lot of what I have learned in the past 4 years. I also have enjoyed it!

The event itself will be on March 8th in the Spori Building at Brigham Young University - Idaho.

This has been a big deal to me this semester, but have not talked to many people about it because, well, it hasn't really come up! I thought I would take this chance to tell about it!

Sheree Bingham

1 comment:

  1. NO Way! This sounds great! How do I get the tutorial if I can't come to your presentation?? (I need to know more on Facebook and Pinterest. I only browse Facebook on the surface, so I could use more on that, and I know VERY little about Pinterest.)

    ReplyDelete

We love your comments!