Friday, July 27

Griffith Family Reunion July 2012

Family Reunion! It was so much fun getting together with my family. We went and enjoyed a couple days up at a cabin in Island Park, ID and had a lot of adventures!

We went rafting, boating, jetskiing, and tubing. We had smores around a campfire- enjoyed some wildlife (mostly bugs, some bald eagles, and a bunny). We played games and laughed at each other a lot. Such fun.

Two stories I wanted to share-- one of which almost exiled my husband from all other family reunions.

1. While rafting the guide was explaining how to help someone back in the boat if they fall out. it is no easy task. I joked and said, "Dad, no falling off the raft, we may not get you back in!" Should never have said that. He did fall off about 30 minutes into the rafting trip! He fell into the water and then the raft went directly over him and when he emerged he has one hand up in the air holding his glasses like a trophy and his other hand on his head protecting his hat. It was hilarious!

2. Oh boy. So my Dad needed to get back into the raft and to do that you have to pull them in by the top of their life jacket. My sweet husband was the first to volunteer, he is the strongest of the boys... hee hee. So as he goes to get my Dad, he swings his paddle out of his way really fast and hard and hits my mom right on the forehead! She didn't even see it coming! She was knocked backwards into the middle of the raft, right on top of my sister in law Brandi. She was ok- just a pretty good bump on her head and a headache for a while. I don't think Brett will ever live this one down... It doesn't help his case that he almost flipped the jet ski while giving her a ride...

I feel like the reunion was a great success. It was good to be all together before Craig leaves on his mission in October and Brent and Brandi move to Texas for the rest of forever.

Enjoy the pictures!

Sheree Bingham

P.S. Saturday we had family pictures taken!

By the Temple

Oh My!

Tubing with Brandi

Jet Ski

By the Lake

Great PJ's Craig!

Look a bunny!

Dinner and show

The handsome skipper

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love your comments!